Sounds easy enough, right? Come up with ten things and list them. Well, I'm here to tell you that it isn't always easy; especially if you're moving, unpacking, working two jobs, and want to have a life in there somewhere where you can do goofy things like, you know, eat and sleep.
So today I thought I'd list (or try to) ten ways to make TTT the fun it's supposed to be and not the brain twisting, omg I forgot to do that AGAIN, pain in the butt it can become...especially after you've been doing it for a while.
1. Every time something strikes you as funny, bad, rant or praise worthy, write it down. Eventually, you're going to end up with a list that might read like Dexter's To Do list but, not to worry, what you've really got is a list of possible topics to use for TTT.
2. Every day something happens that ticks your off or makes you laugh or strikes as being the most important thing in the world. Write them down. This too can be used as a list of possible Topics that you can use to get your TTT list started.
3. Take a look at your job. No matter how menial or important your work is there is something in there that has meaning for you. It can be good or bad, doesn't matter. For example, you might hate some procedure or activity and know a better way to do it. Write it down and, after a time you'll have a work related list. Trust me, we all both hate and love our jobs and, as a result, love hearing that we're not the only ones who love and hate our jobs. It helps us feel normal.
4. Family Stuff: Oh the endless possibilities! Families activities, drama, gossip, trouble, triumphs and all the rest can create some AWESOME TTT's. That Aunt that has the weird habit of picking her nose in public? Totally TTT worthy! And once that gets you started you'll be able to think of another nine such things about your family or friends that belong out there where the world can laugh at them, gag, or roll their eyes, or nod with that "yes, I have one of those in my family too."
5. Cooking. Who doesn't screw up a meal every now and then? Who doesn't go out to eat and have something ridiculous happen somewhere between the serving and the eating. Case in point: a hair in the mashed potatoes that obviously doesn't belong to you or anyone else at the table. OY!
6. News: The world is crazy. Sure there's lots of bad things happening but there are also loads of good and funny things going on. And, as far as I know, there are no rules in the TTT that state I can't use news items to inspire a list. Last summer Maine had eleven days of temperatures above 100 degrees. Our local newsman somehow managed to miss that and kept telling us how hard it was raining and what the rising water levels could be if the incessant rain didn't stop. I don't know what planet he had his weather satellite aimed at but it wasn't earth.
7. Music. Some of it sux. Some of it's great. Some of it seriously needs to be made fun of for being stupid, endlessly repetitious, and pointless. What? The song writer ran out of words so we have to spend ten minutes listening to the same four words over and over again until our ears bleed? No!
8. Boy and Girl friend stuff. I'm not talking anything private or kinky but when did it go out of style to be able to make fun of relationships? Things like men not putting their clothes in the hamper that's sitting two inches away from where they drop their socks. Or women needing an entire wing added onto the house because they're shoe hoarders.
9. Television: WTH? Have we regressed to a place where every single show on TV has to be a reality based show that has absolutely NOTHING to do with actual reality? OMG, the TTT's I could create just on TV alone.
10. On-line stuff: Do I even have to explain this one? I'll give you a hint, we can start with the Bots and finish with the Spam.
- What about you? What are some ways you come up with your material for TTT?
- Are there any topics that you think should be forbidden and avoided? If so, why?
TopTenTuesday is a weekly meme started by OhAmanda and now maintained by ManyLittleBlessings.
:: TopTenTuesday is a Top Ten post you write on your blog. It can be anything you want, long or short, but it does have to be a list of TEN ::