It's officially back to school season! My new roommate just moved in (I've been living on campus all summer) and the other two move in tomorrow. It's got me thinking about my last (hopefully!) school year (until grad school whenever I go!). I intend to make this a great year with a million things piled on.
-internship (16 hours a week!)
I literally have to plan my life out. (If you want to get together, let me pencil it in!) I guess it's a hint at how my life will be like in the future as a licensed social worker (again hopefully!).
I do have some tips for the newbies entering college.
- Learn to cook in a microwave. The dining hall food isn't that great and you'll be itching for a nice homemade meal soon. There are tons of websites and cookbooks that can give you recipes. (Pinterest!)
- Find out if you actually need the textbook for a class. If you don't, you don't have to worry about paying for textbooks. If you do, look on amazon or chegg (to rent). The school's bookstores are usually high in price and getting them used is super easy!
- Set boundaries with your roommates. You'll have issues with them and you'll want to work them out. Setting boundaries will definitely help keep some issues off your radar.
- Do your homework. Obviously you know this, but homework in college is a lot harder then homework in high school. So you'll want to take the time. However you study, do it as often as possible and you'll get awesome grades.
- Check out the different activities the college offers-sports, classes (there are a ton of athletic classes, art classes, cooking classes, etc that are fun!), programs offered by the RAs (free food or trips to places around the college). You especially want to look into free stuff because where else will you get these awesome offers for free?
- Manage your money well. I didn't do that that and ended up poorer by the end of the semester waiting for the next refund.
These are some tips that I can think of. My brain is still not in school mode so I'm not thinking as great as I can be! Next week maybe!
I hope you all are having a fantastic labor day!
Let me know if you have any questions!